取回密碼
 註冊
搜尋

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

Volcano Mine Dispenser

"火山"佈雷者

原文:
The Volcano Mine Dispenser provides soldiers with a scatterable mine capability delivered by helicopter or ground vehicle. The Volcano dispenser contains 960 anti-tank/anti-personnel mines and is capable of rapidly laying a minefield 1100 meters long by 120 meters wide. In addition, the mines have a timed self-destruct capability.

The VOLCANO system can be configured as both a heliborne and ground delivered mine system. The M139 mine dispenser, with various adapter kits, is capable of being mounted on UH-60 helicopters and a variety of ground vehicles. The dispenser racks accept and launch mines from the M87 mine canisters which contain five GATOR anti-tank (AT) and one anti- personnel (AP) mine each.

STATUS: The ground mounted VOLCANO systems are currently being fielded. The Air VOLCANO contract was recently awarded to Brunswick Corp. Air VOLCANO production started Jan 95 and completed Jul 95. First Unit Equipped (FUE) date was Aug 95.

EMPLOYMENT CONCEPT: VOLCANO will be employed offensively and defensively to delay enemy movement, isolate the battlefield and reinforce friendly fires. VOLCANO will become the standard helicopter mine dispensing system and will replace the M56 system. VOLCANO will be a principal scatterable mine delivery system for light forces, and will replace Ground Emplaced Mine Scattering System (GEMSS) in heavy forces.

The operator uses the dispenser control unit (DCU) to electrically control the dispensing operation from within the carrier vehicle. The DCU provides controls for the arming sequence and the delivery speed selection. It also sets mine self-destruct times. The DCU allows the operator to start and stop mine dispensing at any time. A counter on the DCU indicates the number of canisters remaining on each side of the carrier. An explosive propelling charge dispenses from their canisters. For ground vehicles, mines are dispensed 25 to 60 meters from the vehicle at ground speeds of 5 to 55 mphs. For aircraft, mines are dispensed 35 to 70 meters from the line of flight. The aircraft flies at a minimum altitude of 5 feet, at speeds of 20 to 120 knots. It can deliver up to 960 mines (160 canisters) per sortie. The Volcano uses the host vehicle as a power source. Attaching the system to the vehicle does not significantly degrade its mobility. Except for the mounting hardware, there is total system commonality between air and ground Volcano systems.

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

全世界最先進的跳動筆

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

續:

The ground Volcano allows for placement of large minefields in depth. Combat engineer units normally employ the ground Volcano. The primary use of mounted dispensers is to emplace tactical minefields oriented on enemy forces in support of maneuver operations and friendly AT fires. The system is vulnerable to direct and indirect fires, so units must protect it when close to the FLOT. It is an ideal obstacle reserve, employed when the enemy reaches a decision point that indicates future movement. With this asset, units can place obstacles on avenues the enemy is using, leaving other avenues open for friendly movement.

Air VOLCANO dispenses its full payload in 17 seconds at 120 knots.

BASIS OF ISSUE: The VOLCANO mine dispenser will be issued to selected Assault Helicopter Companies at three per company (only one company per Division/Corps/Armored Cavalry Regiment). VOLCANO will be issued at two per Combat Engineer Company in ERI, Airborne and Light.

TRAINING/PERSONNEL: The M88 Practice Mine Canister (which expels six inert mines) and the M89 inert training canister are the VOLCANO training devices. VOLCANO operation requires no special skills; and a designated rather than dedicated operator will be used. Resident training will be for familiarization only. Semi-annual operator refreshers are expected to be sufficient to maintain proficiency.

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

GENERAL (普遍性):

Ground and Air Delivery Systems (5-ton, M548 Cargo, UH-60)

Each Mine Canister has 5 AT and 1 AP mines

Three Field Selectable SD Times (4 hrs/ 48 hrs/15 days)

UH -60A can deliver 960 mines(160 canisters) per sortie

5 - ton and M548 can hold 160 canisters ( four racks each holding 40 canisters)

Uses Host Vehicle as a power source

Same system is used on both ground and air except for mounting

Each Light Engineer Battalion is authorized three

Each Aviation Brigade is authorized three

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

EMPLOYMENT(運用上):

Provide capability to rapidly emplace large minefields under varying conditions

Quickly attached to aerial and ground vehicles Missions included:

Tactical Minefields, Reinforce existing obstacles, Close lanes gap and defile, Protect flank, Deny enemy ADA site

Excellent Reserve Obstacle

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

EMPLACEMENT(位置):

Average AT and AP linear density of 0.72 and 0.14 mines/meter

Site layout extremely important:

*Mine field limits are premarked fencing emplaced 80 meters from centerline, 40 meters from start/stop points

*Fence is emplaced prior to dispensing if situation permits

*Must be marked before turning over to adjacent unit or maneuver unit

Special considerations for air delivery:

*More rapid delivery = less accuracy

*Use positive control techniques: visual ID, time lapse, # of canisters fired, Doplar guidance and permission coordination

*End points must be visually marked for pilot

*Emplaced in friendly area must be marked by fence 100m from centerline, 100m from start/stop points

Safety zone is 640 meters from boundary of minefield

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

[size=+3]VOLCANO(火山)
DEPTHFRONT GROUND
FRONT AIR
# OF MINES (AT/AP)
# MINEFIELD PER 5 TON
DISRUPT120277278200/404
FIX120277278200/404
TURN320555557800/1601
BLOCK320555557800/1601

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

Ground/Air Volcano

Disrupt and Fix Minefields

佈雷數據比例圖

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

Ground/Air Volcano

Turn and Block Minefields

示意圖

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

版主

S.I.A.M 管理者

裝置在M814 5噸載重卡車的"火山"

武器介紹:

XM139"火山"多用途佈雷系統

「火山」多用途佈雷系統是一種能安裝在M817、M929工兵自卸卡車、M814 5噸載重卡車、M548履帶輸送車和 UH-60黑鷹直升機等上的佈雷系統,用於快速布設「蓋托」防步兵地雷和防坦克地雷。該系統有供基礎車或直升機安裝發射架用的專用安裝架。佈雷控制器安在駕駛室,操作者可根據基礎車速度和所需雷場長度對佈雷控制器進行編程。

[其它]:產 品 名 稱:XM139"火山"多用途佈雷系統

產品原名稱:XM139 Volcano Multiple Delivery Mine System

研 制 單 位:Honewell lnc Ordnance Division,

單 位 地 址:5901 Lincoln Drive Edina,Minneapolis 55436,USA

開始研製時間:1983年

研 制 經 費:1983年簽訂了10.5百萬美元合同,1987年又簽訂了19592590

回覆 使用道具 檢舉

你需要登入後才可以回覆 登入 | 註冊

存檔|手機版|聯絡我們|新聞提供|鐵之狂傲

GMT+8, 24-3-28 23:38 , Processed in 0.057046 second(s), 15 queries .

回頂部